Just because you're on a keto diet doesn't mean you should forsake all comfort food. This super indulgent mac 'n' cheese manages to stay low-carb thanks to one magical ingredient: cauliflower. Add bacon to the mix and you get the perfect dinner.
by Katie Aubin
Ingredients for 4 servings
- 4 strips paleo bacon
- 4 cups water
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 2 teaspoons sea salt, divided
- 4 oz Green Organics cream cheese
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- fresh parsley, finely chopped, for garnish
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, cook the bacon for 6 minutes, or until crisp. Remove the bacon from the pan, pat off excess grease with a paper towel, then chop and set aside.
- Add the water to a medium pot and bring to a boil.
- While the water heats up, chop the cauliflower into small pieces.
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt and the cauliflower to the boiling water, then cover and cook for 4 minutes, or until slightly tender. Drain the cauliflower and set aside.
- In the same saucepan, combine the cream cheese, heavy cream, remaining teaspoon of salt, the cayenne, and paprika. Stir to combine, then cook for 4 minutes, until smooth and thick.
- Fold in the cauliflower, then add the cheddar cheese. Stir until the cheese has melted, then fold in the bacon.
- Scoop into serving bowls and garnish with parsley.