Keto Schnitzel with Green Beans
We recently prepared this recipe in our own kitchen and it tastes amazing! If you don’t know what schnitzel is, it is a thinly slice of meat that is breaded and fried. Schnitzel originated in Europe, more specifically Germany. You achieve this very thin slice of meat by pounding it with a meat tenderizer. It is then served with a mayonnaise base, and lemon slices.
Ruled.me has paired all of this with some fresh green beans and capers.
Yields 4 servings of Keto Schnitzel with Green Beans
Recipe by Ruled.me
· Seasoned Chicken:
· 1 large egg
· 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
· 1/4 cup almond flour
· Salt and pepper to taste
· 2 teaspoon dried thyme
· 1 teaspoon onion powder
· 1 teaspoon garlic powder
· 2 ounce butter
· 24 ounce boneless, skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced + pounded
· For Serving:
· 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
· 3/4 cup mayonnaise
· 14 ounce green beans
· 1 medium lemon
· 1 tablespoon capers
1. Measure out and prepare all the ingredients.
2. In a bowl, mix up the eggs with a fork. On a plate, add the seasonings of parmesan cheese, almond flour, salt, pepper, thyme, onion powder, and garlic powder.
3. Grab the thinly sliced + pounded chicken breasts, dip them in the egg batter on both sides then into the seasonings on both sides.
4. Add butter to a frying pan over medium heat.
5. Add in the seasoned chicken, letting it cook for about 5-6 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove from the pan and set aside.
6. Add the green beans to the same pan. Let these sautee for 5 about minutes.
7. In a bowl, combine the dijon mustard and the mayonnaise. Stir to combine well.
8. Serve the seasoned chicken with the green beans, mayonnaise mixture, capers, and lemon wedges. Enjoy!
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Schnitzel with Green Beans. Each serving comes out to be 854 calories, 59.2g fat, 8.9g net carbs, and 66.2g protein.