You're going to love this easy zucchini casserole! Deliciously cheesy, low in carbs and keto friendly, this zucchini bake makes a wonderful side dish that even the kids will love.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 6 servings
Calories 195 kcal
By Carolyn Ketchum of All Day I Dream About Food
· 2 medium zucchini, quartered and chopped (about 4 cups)
· 2 tbsp butter cut into small pieces
· 3 large eggs
· 1/4 cup heavy cream
· 1/4 cup chopped onion
· 1/2 tsp salt
· 1/2 tsp pepper
· 6 ounces shredded cheddar, divided (about 1 1/2 cups)
· 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
· 1/4 cup finely crushed pork rinds Optional
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the zucchini and cook until just tender, about 4 minutes. Drain well in a colander.
2. Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a 9-inch round or 8-inch square ceramic baking dish. Spread the zucchini in the pan and dot with pieces of butter.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and cream. Stir in the onions, salt, and pepper, and half of the cheddar cheese. Pour over the zucchini.
4. Sprinkle the top with the remaining cheddar, the parmesan, and the pork rinds. Bake 35 minutes, until bubbly and the edges are nicely browned. Sprinkle with chopped basil, if desired.