Easy Keto Thanksgiving Gravy
Learn how to make the best keto gravy with this easy recipe. Rich and delicious, you won't miss the carbs! Great with roast turkey or chicken.
By Carolyn Ketchum of All Day I Dream About Food
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
Servings 8 servings
· 1 tbsp butter
· 1 pkg turkey or chicken giblets
· 1/4 medium onion chopped
· 2 stalks celery sliced
· Salt and pepper
· 3 cups chicken broth
· 1/2 to 3/4 tsp glucomannan
1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the giblets, onion, and celery. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and saute until nicely browned, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the broth. Bring to a boil and then simmer 30 to 40 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove the giblets.
3. When your chicken or turkey is done cooking, remove to a platter and tent with foil. Pour any pan juices and drippings to the stock in the pan, scraping up any browned bits for flavor. (You can spoon off some of the fat from the drippings, if there is more than you like).
4. Bring to a boil and cook until reduced by about one quarter. Set a fine mesh sieve over a bowl to strain out the solids. Discard solids and return the liquid to the pan.
5. Whisk in 1/2 tsp of glucomannan and let sit 10 minutes to thicken. If you like very thick gravy, whisk in the remainging glucomannan.
6. The gravy will continue to thicken up as it cools. If it gets overly thick, add a little chicken broth to thin it out as you re-warm it.
Easy Keto Gravy
Amount Per Serving (1 serving = about 1/3 cup)
Calories 47Calories from Fat 36