Zucchini Pizza Bites with Double Cheese
By Lisa MarcAurele
· 1 large zucchini
· 1 bag pepperoni
· 1/3 cup low sugar pizza sauce
· 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese grated
· 1/3 cup sharp cheddar cheese grated
· 1/8 teaspoon Sage
· 1/8 teaspoon basil
· Sea salt and pepper to taste
· Fresh cilantro minced
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Properly wash zucchini. Leave skin on or alternately peel skin from top to end. Slice zucchini, about ¼ inch per round.
3. Season zucchini slices with ground black pepper, sage and basil. Pop in the oven for 4 to 5 minutes.
4. Add ½ teaspoon of pizza sauce on top of each zucchini. Top with pepperoni with each round. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes or until pepperoni’s sides are slightly browned.
5. Take it out of the oven and add cheese. One side with mozzarella and the other side with cheddar. Top with one slice of black olives on the mozzarella cheese side. Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
6. Once in a while, check if pepperoni is sliding to the side and just slowly push back to the center using a fork or tongs.
7. Let it cool for 1 to 2 minutes and slowly transfer to a platter.
8. Add minced cilantro for garnishing.
Nutrition: 2g Carbs, 10g Protein