Keto Au Gratin Brussels Sprouts
Brussels sprouts are a great way to get some texture into your dish for a vegetable, but you could easily do this with broccoli or cauliflower. You’ll have a nice crisp crust to break through to get to your ooey-gooey, cheese covered al dente Brussels sprouts.
Yields 4 Servings of Keto Au Gratin Brussels Sprouts
6 ounces brussels sprouts
1.8 ounces onion
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
½ teaspoon liquid smoke
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon butter
½ cup heavy cream
2.5 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
¼ teaspoon paprika
¼ teaspoon turmeric
¼ teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum
Pork Rind Crust
0.5 ounces pork rinds
3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
½ teaspoon paprika
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Chop all of the stems off of your brussels sprouts, then in half down the spine of the stem.
2. Dice the onion and garlic.
3. Bring a pan to high heat and add 2 tbsp. butter. Let it start to brown slightly, then add the brussels sprouts and season with pepper. Let this cook for about 2-3 minutes, then add onion and garlic. After the onions start to get soft, add 1 tbsp. soy sauce and 1/2 tsp. Liquid Smoke. Set aside
4. In a saucepan, combine heavy cream and butter. Season with 1/4 tsp. Paprika, 1/4 tsp. Turmeric, 1/4 tsp. Pepper, and 1/8 tsp. Xanthan Gum. Whisk together so that the xanthan gum can start to thicken it.
5. Add grated cheese to the sauce and stir in slowly.
6. Once cheese sauce is thickened and creamy, add to the brussels sprouts and mix together well.
7. Separate into ramekins. In retrospect, I should have used smaller ramekins (to make 4 servings).
8. Grind 0.5 oz. Pork Rinds, 3 tbsp. Parmesan Cheese, and 1/2 tsp. Paprika in a spice grinder or food processor. Use the crumbs to top the ramekins.
9. Bake at 375F for 17-20 minutes or until the pork rind and parmesan crust is crisped slightly.
10. Serve warm!
This makes 4 total servings of Keto Au Gratin Brussels Sprouts. Each serving comes out to be 313.25 Calories, 27.79g Fats, 5.79g Net Carbs, and 10.71g Protein.